Eargo offers four models of hearing aids that fit inside the ear canal, making them almost invisible. Eargo also offers an online hearing test to help potential users determine their level of hearing loss. You can also speak with representatives from Eargo, who can help you choose the best hearing aid for your lifestyle and level of hearing loss.
Customization options and special features
Depending on the model of Eargo hearing aid you need, features may include:
- Environmental programs. The sound matching function can be adjusted to the user’s environment, such as a noisy restaurant or theater, for better hearing. (Eargo 5, Eargo Neo HiFi and Eargo Neo only)
- Soft and replaceable tips. Eargo hearing aids come with two sizes of soft, replaceable silicone ear tips that “float” inside your ear while letting air and natural sounds pass through.
- Black cap for the inside of the ear opening. The Eargo 5 comes with a black “cap” which further promotes invisibility by blending into the natural darkness of the ear opening.
- Charging possibilities. All Eargo hearing aids are rechargeable and last approximately 16 hours on a full charge. When fully charged, the Eargo charger can power hearing aids for up to a week.
- 45 day return policy. Eargo offers a 45-day return period that begins on the day your hearing aids are delivered.
Eargo hearing aid applications and accessories
The Eargo mobile app is compatible with Eargo 5 hearing aids. Eargo Neo and Eargo HiFi users must download the Eargo Neo HiFi app. The Eargo Max is not compatible with applications.
Both apps let you customize settings for different listening environments. The Eargo app for Eargo 5 hearing aids also has built-in hearing screening to create a “sound map” for better personalization of hearing settings. With their unique sound card, users can fine-tune their hearing aid settings regardless of their home.
Are Eargo hearing aids covered by insurance?
Original Medicare does not cover hearing aids. However, some Medicare Advantage plans can cover the cost of hearing aids. Check with your health insurance provider to see if your policy specifically covers Eargo hearing aids.
Eargo hearing aids may be covered by other types of insurance, such as the Federal Employee Medicare Program. That said, the US Department of Justice launched a criminal investigation Eargo in 2021 regarding its insurance claims submitted on behalf of clients covered by federal employee health plans.
Guarantees and discounts
Eargo 5 hearing aids include a 2 year warranty on each hearing aid. The Eargo Neo HiFi, Eargo Neo and Eargo Max hearing aids each come with a one-year warranty.
The Eargo warranty covers unlimited repairs to the hearing aid and one-time coverage for hearing aid loss or damage. During the warranty period, Eargo will inspect the hearing aid and / or charger and repair or replace the device with a new or refurbished device. However, if you lose or damage the hearing aid or charger during Eargo’s 45-day return period, you cannot return the system for a refund.
Eargo is offering a 10% discount on Eargo 5 and Eargo Neo HiFi hearing aids to first responders, nurses, doctors and military personnel. If you are referred by a friend who is an Eargo customer, you can also get a $ 300 discount on the Eargo 5 or the Eargo Neo HiFi.