Teen charged with Cabazon store murder pleads not guilty
A teenager accused of killing a Palm Springs resident during an attempted mall robbery has pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
Police say Michael Moser, 66, was fatally shot at the Desert Hills Premium Outlets in Cabazon on March 24 on mall property in the 48600 block of Seminole Drive. When deputies reached the mall, the shooter was gone.
In late April, 18-year-old Reginald Charles Trice was arrested in April in Victorville following a nearly month-long investigation by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.
In addition to the murder, Trice is charged with attempted robbery and firearms enhancing the sentence and serious bodily harm allegations.
He is being held without bail at Robert Presley Prison in Riverside.
News Channel 3’s Jake Ingrassia is in the courtroom and will have updates on Twitter and on News Channel 3 tonight.
A teenage suspect charged with murdering a Palm Springs resident during an attempted robbery is due to appear in Banning Court on Monday for a previously delayed arraignment.
I’m in the courtroom to share live updates in the thread below. @KESQ https://t.co/GIXJnZW2KW
— Jake Ingrassia (@JakeKESQ) May 9, 2022
Chris Gialanella, a close business colleague of Moser, told News Channel 3 that Moser had spent most of his career in the luxury industry. He was vice-president of jeweler Harry Winston for nearly 10 years before retiring last November.
“Supportive, dedicated and really always loved what he did. He had so much passion. He loved luxury goods. He loved working in the jewelry industry,” Gialanella said.
He said Moser went to the outlets to charge up his car and grab a coffee on his way home from Los Angeles before the murder.
Last week, twin brothers were arrested in connection with Moser’s murder. The brothers were arrested in Clark County, Nevada, and are awaiting extradition to Riverside County.
Be the first to know when news breaks in Coachella Valley. Download the News Channel 3 app here.